Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A Most Perfect Weekend

Waking up before 9 AM on a weekend morning is beyond unusual for me. When I was up, dressed and standing outside by 7:00, even Jon was amazed. I had big plans. He rattled off the long list of outdoor home maintenance chores he was planning to tackle over the next two days and bemoaned the fact that he wasn't likely to finish them. I'm usually not required (allowed) to participate in home maintenance projects - it's like having Kate do them. It usually requires a lot of explaining. I safely therefore, asked if there was anything I could do to help.
rhe·tor·i·cal [ri-tawr-i-kuhl,] –adjective. used for, belonging to, or concerned with mere style or effect.

"Sure - you could start by washing the screens". Start?- we have 33 windows!! After that I was allowed to power wash the porch and deck furniture and then the porch and deck surfaces. Kate helped for a while - she's a load though! It's really hard to get good help in a ten-year old. All the while Jon was planting his "garden-in-a-box" - little plants that came in a box with a map that showed him how to arrange them in the ground in dirt. Did I get scammed here or what.

Now that the hard work is over, the animals have a nice place to rest on the sparkling clean porch.
I have a nice sunny spot on the porch to sit and knit!
And Jon can look out the clean screens at his tiny little plants (through the middle window). They're there - trust me.
So what were the big plans that got me up so early? Sorry. I'm saving that for another post.
Thanks for all the great tips on making it through a month of daily posts. I'm really looking forward to it. I've got my camera in my bag, a notebook and my odd way of looking at the world!
See you tomorrow.