Wednesday, May 09, 2007

These Little Wonders

Jeanne posted recently about ungrateful recipients of knitted baby gifts. I suggested that she do what I do. Knit only for your husband's employees who have had babies. It's especially helpful during annual review time or when the company is being sold and people are doing anything to hold on to their jobs.

Kate and I took a trip to meet baby Brooke and her mom, Anne. Much to Anne's credit she recognized the gift as a bolero - not a sweater. While I worked on this, everyone would tell me "That sweater is way too small". I found myself yelling at people "IT'S NOT A SWEATER! IT'S A BOLERO! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!". I even took the book with me, just in case Anne needed proof too.


Kathryn and Brooke


Brooke and Mom

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any photos of Brooke modeling her BOLERO. It's best to let sleeping babies sleep. However, before I left home I was able to find a suitable model to stand in.

Front View


Side View

Back View; note the intricate lace detail.

"Bib, schmibs - give me a bolero - I must have a bolero!"