Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Time To Knit

I've been blessed with a lot of time to knit lately. Large blocks of time have the added benefit of allowing me to concentrate on one project which means things actually get finished .. kind of.


This baby sweater in Sublime Merino Wool DK, color 19 is for Laura's new baby. Laura cuts and colors my hair. I hate the term "hairdresser", it sounds like she's 60. She's not; she's 24. Anyway, really, am I that desperate to knit that I'm now knitting for people with who I'm just casually acquainted? Like Jon's employee last week? Well, who cares - it's still knitting. So, the pieces are all done for this sweater but it takes too much concentration for the seaming so it couldn't be done last night during "24". FYI to the Usual Suspects, Season 6 comes out on video next Tuesday!

I've also been able to spend quite a bit of time practicing the Willow Block for the Larger Than Life Bag from the Spring Interweave Crochet, which will be coming out quarterly now - yea!!! Vicki recognized the blocks Tahki Cotton Classic right away last week. Perhaps because her bag inspired me to give it a go. I've practiced and practiced and I think I'm ready to try on the "real yarn" soon.
Just one more practice - well, I have the time. It's Tuesday, I have to go see the girls. I'll see you tomorrow.