Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dye Day

It was one of those days that just didn't start right for me. I woke up with a migraine which I had a hard time shaking. The weather didn't appear as if it would cooperate for setting up on the porch, which is preferable, but the kitchen still works. The trip to the grocery store resulted in a mildly panicked call to Chris to recheck the dos and don'ts of gluten-free living. Fret, fret, fret.

By the time the girls arrived the weather was looking up and we re-located to the porch. Chris was prepared and ready to get down to work, while Jeanne and I paced waiting for inspiration. She found here first. I'll just tell you that when Jeanne looks for inspiration - she goes right to the masters. And yes, there are 7 color cups in front of her.




This is a portion of what was accomplished over the course of the day.



And this is my small portion of it.

So while it looks like a lot of yarn was dyed, some other wonderful things happened too. And a day that started out dull and funky for me, ended bright and cheery surrounded by good friends, laughter, and knowing that we'll have the opportunity to do it all over again!!

See you tomorrow.