Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Babies

I got to thinking how much I really like knitting for babies. Their stuff is small and can be finished quickly. You can use and play with really nice yarn without spending a whole lot of money. For the most part, the parents are appreciative of the efforts. But, I'm out of babies.

I know that there are any number of worthy charitable organizations who would gladly accept knitted baby items as donations. But, I need to know the hopes and dreams of the parents when I knit for their child. I need to picture the face, fingers, and toes of a child I'll eventually know and hold when I knit for him or her. Selfish, I'm sure but I could get over it.

I could get over it if I had the right parents to think about as I was knitting for their upcoming child. Like say, these soon to be parents........

So, are you in? Knit some baby items for Chloe and Morris' baby. Then donate them to whichever cause is near and dear to you. I'm calling it "The 24 Baby Knitting Shower". I may be the only one doing it - but at least I know the parents.

"You're going to have to trust me" - I didn't spoil anything.

See you tomorrow.