Thursday, May 03, 2007

Fiber Friday

I saw this idea over at Shannon's. There's a group of folks who post lots of pictures of their favorite yarns, yarns that are special to them, yarns they've spun.etc. I'm way to lazy to join that ring so I've just co-opted the idea and the title and plan to to the same thing but only here.





Noro Blossom; color no. 6. I probably have 10 skeins somewhere down stairs. They are destined to become this sweater. In fact, the rolled skeins, which you may be able to see peeking out below, were already the front and the back of this sweater before I realized that counting and keeping track of rows really did matter and no amount of blocking was going to get the pieces to match up correctly.

I love the texture of Blossom - but only after it's been knit into a fabric. It's as if you have to see it for what it could be, not for what it is as it sits in front of you. I often wish I could be as patient with people.

See you on Monday.