Thursday, June 21, 2007

Off Kilter

Like 2528 other knitters I'm anxiously awaiting the first clue in the Mystery Stole 3 KAL. Since the first clue is to being released next Friday, I decided to swatch early in case I decided to change my mind. I'm using Misti Alpaca Lace, which I've used before in the Swallowtail Shawl and loved. It's also dirt cheap inexpensive in case this is just a passing fancy and I don't decide to finish the thing. It also includes lots and lots of teeny, tiny beads.

At this point it could be a wadded up tissue or a fine work of art. You just can never tell until you've had a chance to block it out with a little water, a bit of tugging here and there and some time.

Here you can see that even all that didn't really help all that much. Hmph. I followed the chart, I think. I counted diligently, I think. Still looks pretty much like crap, I think. I had an eye doctor appointment earlier and the drops had worn off but there was on casualty I forgot about. Thanks, Nurse Practitioner! The arm snapped off at a place that can't be fixed and the frames are discontinued. Well, I needed to update my prescription anyway. It seems my bifocal part needs to be strengthened.