Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Air Wars

Thank you, thank you! The Sublime baby sweater is finished and ready to be presented tomorrow. And since I'm in desperate need of a hair cut, I couldn't be happier.

I love the little sailor collar on this sweater! What little guy wouldn't look cute wearing this?

Finishing the Larger Than Life bag is scheduled for today, seeing as Kathryn has already announced her plans to go elsewhere for the day to play. Then I can take "the book" out of its hiding place and curl up on the porch and read. Which brings me to the title of today's post.

The temperature has been hovering near 90 degrees for the past few days and while it's humid, but not oppressively so. I've been lucky thus far in my fight against turning on the air conditioning. I've always had a goal to make it to July 4th without turning it on but we've never made it. And I clearly admit that I should not be the family thermometer as I am always cold. Even in this heat wave, I've been wearing a light sweatshirt. My problem with the A/C in our house is twofold: the disparity in temperates from one place to another and the noise. The condenser for the unit is right outside the family room (where every one is) so when it runs (which is constantly when it's hot) you can't hear anything but that. So when the A/C is on, I usually retreat to the bedroom where it is warmer and quieter. Here's my question, if you have air conditioning - what's your threshold? When do you turn it on?