Thursday, January 03, 2008

Mo' Mittens

I usually get so much knitting done over Christmas break but this year, with house guests, it just wasn't meant to be. When time permitted, I did knit a bit on the Anemoi Mittens but a mistake somewhere has me off by a half a round. While it's not earth shattering, it bugs me. I may come back and finish these at some point. If for no other reason than - - I can.
I gave up my attempts on the Bird in the Hand mittens until I could find the right yarn. Margene's suggestion to try a DK weight was perfect. I picked up some Berroco Ultra Alpaca in green and white and completed all this yesterday afternoon and last evening during the season premiere of "Law and Order" (Finally - Jack McCoy got promoted!! I promised myself I wouldn't cry!) And yes, I see the tiny mistake, but that one, dear friends, can easily be fixed with a duplicate stitch!! OK, maybe there are a few other mistakes I'm just now seeing. But I did manage the braid - and THAT I love!!

So, I'll keep going on these because they are much easier to read and knit - especially at night. And they match my jacket and new down vest. But I better hurry because it's so windy here today that the snow over at Chris' blog is supposed to blow this way today - or so I heard!Still playing with the new camera so here are some pretty flowers to look at today!