Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Today

  • . . . will be much cooler than yesterday; however, I will, for the first time in married life, win the battle of the air conditioner. I have always set a goal to not turn it on until after the 4th of July. I hate to jinx myself, but I've looked at the forecast for the next five days and am CONFIDENT that we will not be required to turn on the beast until - Labor Day!

  • . . . Kathryn has her first babysitting job. I hope the two girls aren't very loud or they are apt to wake her up as this is her current state as of 9:30 AM CDT. She is scheduled to be at dance in 2 hours and then at the "gig" at 12:30. It's very hard to be 11 years old I guess.

  • . . . Since I want to be home and available during the babysitting time, I get to sit quietly on the porch working on

Hand-spun "Double Vine" (from Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns, Barbara G. Walker) scarf. Oh, how come no one told me how wonderful knitting with your own, hand-spun yarn would feel. Seriously, I wept!

. . . or . . .

This which started out as a swatch and just kept going because it looked like it would be cute and oh.so.fast. and maybe make my boobs look like hers.

. . .or . .

And then my 10 minutes which usually works out to be about an hour or so - Man I love summer!

What's going on in your life today?