Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Did I Mention . . .

. . that Kathryn left on Sunday for a for one week adventure at camp? I opted out of the 3-hour drive up to the Northern Lakes area for the tearful good-bye. It was only when Jon was on his way back home that we both realized he would be driving home on July 6th - at the end of the 4th of July weekend, on quite possibly the most heavily traveled stretch of Minnesota highway, along with all the other Minnesotans who went "up north" to "the lake" or "the cabin". Took him about 4 1/2 hours to get home. Oops.
Did I further mention that upon his arrival last night, Jon packed a suitcase to go to San Jose for the week?

So here I'll be until Thursday night - just me and the animals. All by myself. People would be well advised to heed the large "DO NOT DISTURB" sign I plan to post on all my doors. I'm absolutely giddy about this time alone. As I draft this post, (2:00 PM on Monday afternoon) I'm still in my pajamas. I may not get out of them all week. OK, there are a few things I have to/ want to do in the outside world this week (Tuesday Knitting, piano lesson, lunch with Jeanne) but the rest of the time, I'm planning on being here. Being here and knitting and spinning and not thinking about what's for dinner! All day long, that's what I'm going to do - not think about what's for dinner. For instance tonight - don't know - don't care. Might be cereal; might be half an avocado; might be chips. Might be all three - or a roll of Oreo cookies.

I love freedom!