Thursday, September 20, 2007

Government Without Politics

It probably sounds like an oxymoron, but in this case, at least for me, it was true. Last Friday morning I had the pleasure of watching a very dear friend achieve a career high. That probably sounds like there were drugs involved - trust me, there were not. This is our friend, Jim Keeler, being sworn in as Carver County Attorney, by Judge Michael Fahey. Jim is father to Kathryn's BFF, Maggie. Yea - there are many BFFs - but Maggie holds the esteemed title of "True BFF" and "Second Daughter of Carver County" (she has an older sister).
So now it's official. Jim returns to Carver County where it all started. I feel safe and yet I suddenly realize, I can't get into any trouble in Carver County any more. Oh well. I 'll just go across the street to Hennepin County. I hear it's pretty lax over there since Jim left.

Congratulations Jim! You done good!!