Thursday, September 06, 2007

Babette and Beyond

Tigger heard that our current blistering heat wave might break today so he grabbed "Babette in Progress" to be ready.

She's such a lovely project and I'm really happy with it. The Nashua Creative Focus Cotton DK, although a little "splitty" is soft, not to heavy, and I love the colors. I'm making this for Kathryn (sorry Tigger!) so having her hang on my shoulders while I'm working on it is an extra nice bonus. I didn't get as much done on the car trip as I'd have liked to - something different about crocheting in the car versus knitting in the car I guess. So I'm happily working along on Babette ... until I get this in my email:

The "Modern Quilt Wrap" by Mags Kandis from Folk Style. Thanks knittingdaily.com because I was doing just fine without knowing about this. So like any good knitter I just downloaded the pattern and printed it out. That's all. Just to look at it. And then I ordered yarn for it but that will just sit in the box until Babette is finished. I'm sure of it.

Is it just me or does that model look a bit like Carole's lovely daughter Hannah?