Friday, May 22, 2009

Lunch Time

I've pulled Middle School lunch duty at school for the rest of the year. I'm happy to do it - as much for the kids , as for the poor teacher I'm helping out. It's down to the last 10 days and the natives are definitely getting restless.

The sixth grade girls are still looking pretty innocent; not the source of much lunch room chaos!



The silly seventh grade girls are so ready to be the big kids!



Next year's Top Dogs - the seventh grade boys - "Yeah - we bad!"



The eighth grade boys - ready for high school.


And all of a sudden, they've become very shy and elusive, the eighth grade girls.


You may notice the absence of the sixth grade boys. Um - therein lies the need for a change in supervision in the lunchroom. As much as I love these boys, sometimes they are just unlovable, and the during the 20 minutes of lunchtime, the sixth grade boys - unlovable.
As the school year comes to an end, I realize just how much time I've spent with these kids and how much I've gotten to know and appreciate each one of them. I'm going to miss these kids over the summer, and the eighth graders next year.


School lunch - not so much!