Friday, April 17, 2009

Popping Up

As much I complained about this scarf, now that it's completed and delivered, I have to admit to completely enjoying the entire process. The pattern was easy to remember and just flew by. Using my own hand spun yarn (a 70% merino, 30% silk blend), was a treat I'd only experienced once before. I'm not sure why I'm hoarding it down there in the studio.
I set realistic, daily goals for myself (something I NEVER do in other aspects of my life!) such as "I will knit x number of repeats before fetching the girls at school", I'll knit x number of repeats before turning off the lights at bedtime", and finally, "I'll knit till I run out of yarn." Yesterday, before leaving for school, it was a scarf!
I gave her a quick bath and let her dry in the warm (yay!) afternoon breeze. Over by ... Jon's TULIPS??

Nah - fooled ya! The tulips have not set realistic daily goals for themselves. These are in a vase. I bought them to encourage the tulip stubs!