Friday, June 06, 2008

K

. . . is for Kathryn.

My one. My only. My cherished and beloved daughter. There isn't a thing on this earth I could love more. She is wise beyond her years and teaches me everyday that I still have so much more to learn. It amazes me that this young lady is growing up to be confident and self-assured as these are not characteristics generally attributed to her mother while growing up. She is compassionate and caring to those around her. She shares her mother's innate sense of right and wrong and fairness - at times to a fault. Her faith is unquestioning; I'll give that a few more years but I can always hope for the best.

Clearly, I think she's perfect. And so it makes me sad to think I'll never see this smile again.

Nope - not this particular smile.
Because $6000 and two years from now, all those teeth will be straightened out and fixed up "just right."
And then I suspect I'll lose her to this group of fine young boysmen who never cared that her teeth were all over the place to begin with.

K is for my Kathryn.