Friday, January 18, 2008

Just in Time

With our high temperatures expected to be in the -5 to 0 degree range over the next few days, I couldn't be more excited to have these finished. I love, love, love these mittens! They are as much fun to knit as they are to look at. And since I'm venturing our in the world today, I can't wait to wear them.
Bird in Hand Mittens by Kate Gilbert; knit in Berroco Ultra Alpaca Lite, #4275 Pea Soup Mix and #4201 Cream; knit using Addi Turbo 32" circular #3 and KnitPicks 32" circular #3 started January 3, 2008; completed January 17, 2008; modifications: I used a DK weight yarn rather than a worsted as called for. I am much happier with this result.

I first saw these mittens at Margene's and knew I had to try my hand. Since then, I've had my head buried in my new copy of Selbuvotter, or my old copy of Latvian Mittens, to find my next project. Or perhaps, some blank knitter's graph paper and some doodles....
Thank you all for the good thoughts on the shingles. It appears as though it will be a relatively minor outbreak and that it was caught in the early stages when anti-virals do their best work. Mind over matter! Stay warm - mind over matter again!