Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Tale of Two Sweaters

I really owe Jon a sweater. He asks for so little and that's pretty much what he gets.I promised one several years back and I've made several earnest attempts at this sweater in a lovely brown Manos wool.

I think most of you know that that is neither Jon, nor the completed sweater. This is as far as I've gotten:

The problem I'm running into is the thick/thin construction of the Manos is making for very sloppy cables. And It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the sweater in question is all cables - which I'm perfectly comfortable knitting. I think I was talked into a bad yarn choice (and I WAS talked into it).

So, bring in the Wool of the Andes in a warm chocolate brown. Sure, a good substitute and I could whip this sweater out in a month or two --- or three.

But what if I used the WOTA and made this sweater instead? This I could do in a few days - or a week or two.

Which moves this up higher in the queue. Or --- or to get back into the sweater mood, I could do this first, then knit Jon's when the sweater mojo is back?

No! Jon comes first. If for no other reason than it looks like some else found the yarn stash with her sharp little fangs. But maybe The Cobblestone would look better in a tweedy looking Wool of the Andes yarn and then I could use the chocolate brown for a Central Park Hoodie while I wait for new yarn?