Friday, August 08, 2008

Week In Review and Preview

. . . . (or, I got nothin' - you decide!)

  • The smell emanating from Holli's ears (which caused a spontaneous hurl episode, mine, not hers) finally sent us to the vet. Yeast infections - double. Yippee. Drops for four weeks. Please don't feel sorry for her. It's much worse for us I promise you.
  • Kathryn and I did all the school supply and uniform shopping in one day. I don't recommend this as a general rule. We were doing fine until I was brought to understand that middle schoolers had to "accessorize" their lockers. This nearly broke the magic spell of spending the whole day together.
  • I would very much like to participate in the "interview your husband" blog game that has been seen on several of my favorites. Toward that end, I have drafted a memo with the questions,and sent it in an e-mail to Mr. at his work address. He is working from home today (about 15 feet away from me as you read this). He will prioritize this with his other work and get back to us when it hits the top of his "to-do" list. This is how he works.
  • I have foolishly volunteered myself for the school's Athletic Committee. I am the Asst. Director and Communications Director. There are probably more parents on the board than athletes. We meet a lot and make terribly important decisions that mean nothing - - all of which have to be documented and sent out to the people who were sitting there when the decisions were made. This is why I left the corporate world. But ... it's for the kids!
  • Likewise, Mr. and I are co-chairs for the parish / school annual fundraiser, Oktoberfest, which as you might guess is in October. Much of that work starts, like now. Most of the athletics work has started and will continue until March.
  • The planets are beginning to line up for a big collision.
  • My sister and her girls are coming next Thursday for 10 days! Yay!
  • Mr. wants to go to his aunt's cabin for three days over Labor day! It's 4 hours away - we will have only one full day there. And then drive 4 hours to come home.
  • I haven't had a cup of coffee in nearly four years. This morning, I have gulped down two already. Is this screen shaking or are we in Southern California?
  • I can't tell for sure - but I think he's working on my memo! Which means there may be a blog post on Monday.