Monday, August 11, 2008

Interview with a Mister

Because he is far away in Boston now, it's safe to publish my e-mail interview with Jon on my knitting. He was not available to do a "live, face-to-face" interview so this will have to do. If you have follow-up questions, leave them in the comments. As you'll see, he may read them.


Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?
Mr.: It seems to make you happy and it is oddly social.

Me: What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?
You: unfinished projects in every nook and cranny of our home and car (Didn't think I knew about that one, did you?). (Me: emergency sock knitting!)

Me: What is something I have knitted that you recall as being good?
You: The blanket. It's big and finished and looked complicated and it is useful. I will never appreciate the socks, sorry. (Me: big afghan knit in different squares out of Red Heart. It's 8 years old! It's quite hideous.)


Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?
You: Not compared to jet aircraft collectors.

Me: Do you have any hobbies?
You: I think so. (Me: he THINKS so????)


Me: What are your hobbies?
You: Electronic gadgetry, home improvement.



Me: So, if we compared money/time spent on hobbies, who would win?
You: I think you would. (Me: I'm good with time but I think that John Deere tractor trumps all the yarn I currently own!)



Me: Do you have a stash of any kind?
You: I'm sure my tools and bins of electronic components would count. (Me: WTF?)


Me: Has my knitting in public ever embarrassed you?
You: Only when you were drunk at the same time. (Me: guilty!)


Me: Can you name another knitting blog?
You: No. Are there any?

Me: Do you mind that I want to check out yarn stores everywhere we go?
You: No if you did, but you don't. I wish you would send me on some scavenger hunts when I travel. I think that would be fun. (Me: Where should I send him in the Boston area - he's staying out in Marlborough?)

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
You: I'm a Movado guy.

Me: Do you read WoundTooTight?
You: Occasionally.

Me: Why or why not?
You: To find out what goes on in that head of yours.


Me: Have you ever left a comment?
You: No.

Me: Why or why not?
You: I'm afraid I will have to register for something and think up another user name and password. I am currently at my lifetime limit.


Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?
You: Not sure how that would make the cleaning lady come more frequently.



Me: Is there anything else you want to say?
You: Hi Jeanne (now blogless) and Chris!

And because he's gone and you saw him last week - how about a few parting shots.

So long Tara - we love you and miss you already!!