Friday, March 07, 2008

New Stuff

I picked up a few little goodies for myself and received a few great gifts during Vicki's visit last weekend.KMKat's Klever Kleenex Kozy - I haven't left home without it since receiving it last Friday night! You don't even need to keep the Kleenex in the plastic wrapper - thus eliminating that tell-tale annoying plastic crunching sound every time you reach into your bag for a tissue!

Some Handmaiden Yarns "Double Sea Silk" (70% silk, 30% Seacell) in Woodland color way and,
"Casbah Sock Yarn" (80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon) in Vintage colorway. I picked both of these up at Coldwater Collaborative. She just started carrying it - damn, after I quit!
And at the old fashioned candy store down the street in Excelsior, Simply Nuts & More, a $1.00 bag of my favorite candy. We called these Bull's Eyes growing up.
My "BIG" purchase from Needlework Unlimited kind of requires its own post. I'll save that for another day. There isn't anything left of my fabulous chicken Caesar salad from lunch on Saturday, which leaves me with two wonderful gifts from Vicki.

Fleece Artist "Sea Wool" (70% Merino, 30% Seacell). There's no colorway noted on the tag, but side-by-side with the Sea Silk - the colors are identical. AND - Hand Maiden is a spin-off of Fleece Artist. So, I'm thinking that these two were meant for each other. Like me and Vicki! Regardless, it's sumptuous. A pair of socks with a matching scarf!And then there's this darling little candle. I'm waiting until the porch is open and the official outside knitting season opens. It's perfect porch candle with the little stars all around it. It has a perfect "not-too-strong" scent for reminding me of a perfect weekend too.