Monday, January 12, 2009

Worthy?

Jon, the most excellent of present givers ever, sometimes out does even himself. For instance, last year's Christmas gift, the "out-of-nowhere-unasked-for" spinning wheel and this year's matching stool and beautiful roving. It's as if he's saying: "I support you in this endeavor honey!"

This year's birthday gift though - I think the message was something different. It was subtle and in fact, I'm not sure it was intended to send the message I received. Regardless, it's motivating me. Yesterday I was up at 6:00 AM digging through the basket of shame and began to finish.


Sunrise Circle Jacket. It's been completed for almost three years. It's just been crumbled up in a bag. It's had a nice bath and is now ready to be seamed and displayed.
Neckdown V-Neck Shaped Cardigan. This has languished in the same BoS for ... 4 years. I liked the yarn. As of yesterday morning this needed an entire right sleeve. Today, it needs the edging around the neck and the ties. It should WILL be finished and ready for a bath later today.

This is a bit more recent. It was started and abandoned in August. The Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties just needs 3/4 of 1/2 length sleeves. I think that's about the same as one full sleeve. This weekend.

So what could he have given me to make me want to finish up these long neglected projects. That would make me feel, sort of, not worthy of starting something new until these things are finished and off my guilty mind?
Then again - I needed a circular size six for the blue sleeve!
I'm SO worthy!