Thursday, October 30, 2008

Open Letter

Dear Large Clothing Retailer Geared Toward the Pre-to-Teenage Kid Market:

I have a daughter who is 11 12 years old. I have been shopping in your stores now for 4 years. Your overpowering perfume and loud music no longer have any effect on me. I am immune to them.
This however, will be the death of me. Please tell the former NASA rocket scientist who designed your boxes that they are impossible to put together with the two hands which I was given at birth.
They might also like to know that a simple scored line along the edge of the box does not really constitute "directions" in that I still don't have a clue as to how to turn this cardboard flap this into a box.

Putting more little designs inside the box-to-be further frustrates the issue. I hope by now you are getting my point, Mr. or Mrs. To Whom it May Concern.If, by chance, you can get close to something that resembles a box, trust me, brute force becomes necessary to jam this baby into box-like submission. And then a whole new set of problems present themselves.Your one-size-fits-all box makes the "little something" I picked up for my precious daughter's birthday look pretty lonely, all by itself in that big box. Yes, I am aware that this is your grand plan. You know that we mom's will just go back and get more stuff to fill out that box. Well, I'm here to tell you, Mr. or Mrs. To Whom it May Concern, I am not about to waste that precious box space!

Or the space in the next box that the first box filling up so quickly created!
Lastly, would it have been so hard to make your boxes the size that regular wrapping paper would cover. You are off by about a smidge and that my friends, is VERY wasteful.

In short, Large Clothing Retailer Geared Toward the Pre-to-Teenage Kid Market:

You are bad box people!

See you at Christmas!
Love,
Kathryn's Mom