Friday, October 24, 2008

Finished Friday

Somehow I've managed to finish two little projects, both of which will come in quite handy this weekend as the temperatures drop down into the 30s for daytime highs!


Cap'n Crunch was finished well over a week ago. Buttons were purchased but it took until this morning to weave in the ends and attach said buttons. I think I love the buttons almost as much as the warmer!
Also whipped up and finished is Morning Surf Scarf. And this has me giddy as it is made with my own hand spun yarn. I searched through lace pattern books forever and just couldn't find anything that made it feel the way I wanted it too. But this simple and easy to remember pattern was just perfect for the merino / silk blend.
And in three short nights, I had a lovely little scarf to wrap around one's neck (it may still be a gift - although now I'm feeling sort of keepy!!) See how nice it looks on my neck!! I think I might be in love with little bitty scarves!