Friday, February 08, 2008

Oatmeal

It's not just for breakfast! And thanks to Laurie, yesterday - I ate oatmeal at every meal, and all the little meals in between. It's very healthy for you.
Unbaked Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
3 cups raw rolled oats (quick cooking kind)
1/2 tsp extract (pick one!)


Mix first five ingredients and heat on high, stirring constantly. Let mixture boil three minutes. Remove from heat, add extract and rolled oats. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.

I'm not sure how many cookies the recipe is supposed to make because quite a few never made it to the wax paper. I can tell you that there were MANY, MANY more on that plate yesterday before Kathryn got home from school. Yeah - she ate them all! Who am I kidding? I had 5 after breakfast this morning!That's to keep me out - it just happens to keep her out too as a bonus! You've been warned.