Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Decision 2008

Yeah - like I'm gonna talk about politics here! Nope, this was a much more difficult decision. I could blog for two days about the fact that I had absolutely nothing - zero, zip, nada, zilch, null, nuttin' honey, to say. Or, I could spend that time doing something blogworthy.


And so I spun - until I got it. Shelley calls it the "ah-ha" moment. I call it the "water pump" moment. That feeling that Helen Keller must have had at the pump with Annie Sullivan when it finally clicked - "w-a-t-e-r" spelled out in her hands meant that stuff running over her hands - when she "got it". And once I "got it", the feel of "it", I couldn't stop for fear of losing "it".

No idea what this is, but it comes in the Louet Drop Spindle Kit. There would have been more of it but somebody (Sammy) has been tearing off big chunks of it and claiming it for herself. It's soft and fluffy.

This is Lorna's Laces roving. Again, there would have been more, but I "practiced" - a lot - with this before I got "it". It's soft and pink and pretty.

And this is the leftovers of both plied together. It's pretty and pink and brown like chocolate and raspberry ice cream.

Oh yeah - um, Shelley, I may have taught myself how to ply, but probably VERY poorly. We may to relearn that whole thing on Saturday. Blogworthy? Discuss.