Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Get Me to The Church on Time

Perhaps because no one knows about this piece, I have put even more pressure on myself to get it finished, blocked and out of here as quickly as possible. I committed to nobody to have it done in time for the Christmas Boutique at church. Rather, I just thought it would be fun to have it show up as an item for the sale or auction. However, Flower Basket Shawl and I are having some communication problems. I want her to be the largest size she will commit to - 17 repeats for a total of 415 stitches. This would result in a shawl about 90" wide by 45" deep. Flower Basket know that right now (Boutique is next weekend) time is of the essence and she can only work so fast. She feels as if she'll be more comfortable as a small shawl at 68" across by 36" deep - or about 315 stitches. She's resting comfortable now at about 8 repeats, with just over 200 stitches.


We've been working together for about 2 weeks and the really hard work is just now setting in. More stitches every row, the edging, the bind off, the blocking, the parting. I knew you'd take her side. She always wins. Fine - small shawl it is. Mom always liked her best.

Lorna's Laces; Helen's Lace; Color 107 - Red Rover