Sunday, November 18, 2007

Checking Out

Flower Basket Shawl and I thank you all for your wonderful comments. Yes, it was hard to leave her at the auction. But the fact that she inspired a rather spirited bidding war among several of my friends was pretty fun to watch. At the last minute, the mother of a friend of mine, a very gifted and talented knitter in her own right, outbid them all and took FBS home for good. I couldn't bare to look at the final price. At least she's with someone who appreciates her.


We are having our hardwood floors re-finished starting this morning. From what I've heard, it's supposed to be a new "dust free" process. I'm not completely buying that and I know that Holli will be freaked by the whole process so off the animals will go early this morning to their vacation spot at my father-in-law's. He won't know this until he reads it here or until I show up with the animals in tow. Sorry Dad - I know it's a day earlier than you had planned but it's just too loud and messy here.


Oh - and we are leaving for San Diego for the Thanksgiving holiday with the sister's family tomorrow. Blogging is not likely to occur between now and next Monday when Kate and I return (and Jon is somewhere in Australia!).


I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday - full of all of life's rich bounty. One of the many reasons my life is richer is the presence of my blogging pals in my life. I am so very thankful for the friendships of each and every one of you! Happy Thanksgiving!