Thursday, February 26, 2009

Watching and Waiting

Holli, the weather watchdog, is ever vigilant. She knows that something is brewing. She's right; yet another "Storm of the Century" is heading our way and we are expecting 4 - 8 " of snow in our part of the country today.

So because we aren't leaving for Florida and our Sanibel Island retreat for 4 weeks, we're doing the next best thing to deal with this snow madness. We're going skiing. The three of us are leaving early tomorrow morning for Lutsen and a little break. We're staying on the mountain so as to maximize the skiing time. If you can't beat the snow - join it. In my case, fall in it, roll around in it, become one with it as it's been a while since I've skiied. I hope I remember the camera!
"Four inches of snow would cover you up Sam!" - Tig
"Would not - I'm big!" - Sammy
"Would too!" - Tig
"WOULD NOT - NO BACKS!" - Sammy