Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Today begins the third week of medication for what began as preventive care following my dental surgery. I thought I had a routine cold. Turns out, it's neither routine, nor a cold. However, the fact that I was on an antibiotic and had recently had dental surgery kept me from thinking I was any sicker and therefore, I suffered. Until last Thursday when the jaw pain, ear pain and pain in my upper teeth just about sent me through the roof. Off to Urgent Care to discover I had sinus and ear infections. A change of antibiotic to one that targets sinus and ear infections (who knew that certain antibiotics only worked on certain things?)Flash forward to yesterday when the above enumerated symptoms are still hanging on tightly and have not receded. A sobbing mess of Deb comes home from knitting group and collapses into Jon's lap and says "I'm calling the real doctor." The real doctor agrees that symptoms should be easing by this point and that I'm doing everything I should be (nasal rinse, fluids, blah, blah, blah!!). We agree that one more week of the new antibiotic is called for but if I'm not feeling SIGNIFICANTLY better by Friday, I'm to call real doctor again.
You know how you go along loving your hair and then you get to that one day where you just hate it. And you hate it for several days. Then you call your hairdresser and make an appointment. And everyday up until that appointment you hate your hair. On the morning of your appointment you wake up, look in the mirror and - you love your hair. Sometime in the middle of the night last night, the damn broke. There isn't a horizontal surface in the house without a tissue on it. I believe the end is in sight. But sorry KMKat - these tissues will be experience a burial at sea or be burned in the nice fire I have going this morning as no one would wish to handle them again.
There is at least one member of the household sharing in my misery as we compete in a sneezing contest. I however, use tissues to clean up after myself!