Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One Thing Leads to Another

When I arrived at The Tuesday Morning Knitting Group yesterday, everybody was a-buzz. Frantic almost. The conversation was fast and furious and a person had to act fast to get a word in. Brenda, the calm, easy-going one (which is so odd as she has a son ready to leave the nest for Boston College in the fall and another son testing his wings as a finishing high school freshman - and yes - she's the calm one!) was fraught with anxiety about the pace of conversation. Just last week we discussed the idea of of a discussion list- putting our topics down on paper so that no ones topic would be overlooked. Mind you, at best we are 5 sometime 6 grrls (props to Margene!)

So I decided to put my topics down half way through the morning. You can see that the Ravelry Discussion spawned several other discussions. We did get to Books (upper left hand) and eventually the topics of Dance and Cell Phone came up. Oh, and Brenda's getting a dog. But then I lost track of the numerous side conversations that took place as a result. I also lost complete track of time.

We usually sit and enjoy each other's company from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM. I got home at 1:00 PM Not saying it wasn't a grand and glorious time but . . . some people were a bit upset about being left alone . . . because when I got home I . . .

. . . promptly put my knitting bag on the counter . . .

. . . and my knitting basket on my desk.