Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Connected

This is everything required to stay connected, digital, and charged while on vacation. While the devices themselves keep getting smaller and more "feature-rich", the cords, chargers and connectors seem to multiply while I sleep and are NEVER interchangeable. I'm aware that I have some devices with the same functions (my Crackberry also takes pictures, my iPod has a calendar function etc.) But I use each one for its primary function. The Crackberry is a phone and PDA, the iPod is a music and video player, the camera is . . . a camera.

So maybe this is why I took no pictures on vacation and my phone lost its charge on the third day. The iPod was used extensively to listen to "A Death in Belmont ", by Sebastian Junger and to Eddie Vedder's phenomenally fabulous soundtrack from the movie "Into the Wild" while I read Jon Krakauer's book by the same name. That's pretty connected!