Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Girls & Moms

As the mother of a girl, I'm a firm believer that girls can't have enough "moms" in their life. By that I mean other adult women that they can trust, count on, talk to, laugh with, cry with. I had several such great women in my life as a teenager. They were as important to me as my own mother and they hold a very special place in my heart. I also believe that as the mother of a soon-to-be teenage girl, I need as much exposure to this rare breed as possible. Especially ones who think I'm pretty special. Such is the case with this friend. She celebrated a special birthday over the weekend. I wanted to give her something that was from me, from my heart and from my hands. Given her nature and charm, I knew she'd not only wear a Calorimetry, but she'd wear it everyday and boast and brag about it to everyone she knows.


The Silk Garden is a perfect yarn for late winter into the spring in Minnesota and the blues and greens in the color (#87) show off her eyes of the same color beautifully! And while I know we aren't supposed to bribe children, she's not mine! I can't tell - do you think she likes it?