Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Lunch time With ...

I hardly ever take the time to sit down and eat lunch let alone sitting down with a friend for lunch. So it was a rare treat indeed yesterday when I was able to share my lunch with ...
. . . Chaos. Indeed I am among the lucky ones who is to caring for our recovering Chris as she recuperates at home. I brought a healthy lunch of chicken Caesar salads (no croutons or imitation crab meat for Chris) and two containers of Sharon's Sorbet (raspberry and chocolate). The sorbet is just a special treat for Chris, or in case say, Jeanne and I are over on Wednesday for knitting and good cheer. And by the way - it's THE best sorbet on the planet! After my bag was inspected by the local authorities, I was cleared and allowed to enter. We had a lovely lunch and discussed such things as what Chris did with all her left over tampons. Apparently someone, who shall remain nameless, Jeanne, will no longer need to make that emergency run to Target for the next several years. I was warned not to feed the animals; they were warned not to bother the human. We reached an agreement and lunch went smoothly.
We even had some time to sit and knit for a while. Since I was sitting in His Majesty's special place, the Princess took the opportunity to sit by my side and watch me with great interest. In reality, she was after everything in my bag and I snapped this picture just seconds after I closed the bag to keep her pesky little teeth away from my Addis!!
Chaos doesn't like to get to far away from Chris, especially now that the icky vet smell is gone! I'd say she is fairing pretty well - although I did have to admonish her several times yesterday afternoon to get off the computer and get to bed. I notice that Mayhem did the same today! Good girl May - just keep her comfy and pinned down in bed. She needs to rest for Sorbet-Fest tomorrow night!