Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's Good to Be Alone

One of us is moping around because her cousins left town after a twelve day visit. One of use is thankful for the return of her personal space. Although everything went better than any one's expectations with all the family celebrations, it's still nice to have some quiet before the school year starts and life begins again. My parent's 50th anniversary gala was wonderful; the pre-party at our house the night before, despite the rain and 45 people in my house was great fun; the pre-pre-party on Lake Minnetonka the night before that was probably the most fun. Great weather, food, beverages, company etc. But that's over and it's time to talk about new projects. I've been reading about her for a while and knew I would fall sooner or later. I also knew I couldn't spare the money to make it out the Koigu KPM so I'm subbing out one of my favorite light-weight cotton yarns, Nashua Creative Focus Cotton DK. This should make the blanket a bit bigger and keeps me from having to crochet with wool - which I really don't like to do at all.

Without further ado, I bring you, Babette, from the Spring 2006 Interweave Crochet.

As you can see, she's still in the planning stages. I have three more colors on order to round out the 17-color palate but I can start now with the colors I have. I'll be following the advice of Ann who followed the schematic and seams the sections as she goes along. I have one square already done and I love it already. Should be great fun for the car trip to the far end of the earth that was just announced last week. Yea - we're headed to Mt. Rushmore next week. With the dog.

"My chair, my yarn, my blanket - if and when you ever finish it!"