Sunday, June 04, 2006

Shameless Promotion

I don't think I've done this before and I won't likely do it often (unless it's really worth it) but I thought you should know about Girl's Night Out in Excelsior - especially at the shop. It's every Thursday night from 5:30 - 9:00 from now until October. More than 25 shops in Excelsior participate with specials during the evening. Carri has wine and snacks in the shop and a chance to just sit, sip and knit. She's also running various specials each Thursday to those who wander in. This coming Thursday (June 8) is 25% on any cotton yarn. That's like 1/4 off isn't it??

Amy, Lisa, Kelle, and Christine (blogless) came on the first evening. They had planned to dine first at 318 Cafe, but they had a $15 cover charge (hello?? Not conducive to wandering around Excelsior and shopping). No problem. These ever resourceful pals and yours truly with a takeout menu from Ming Wok solved the dinner problem and the wine poured and the knitting and gossip began.

Last week was so nice I set up table and chairs outside and knit all evening on the sidewalk. I had a few friends join me and it was an absolutely delightful way to pass a Thursday evening.

I'll be gone this Thursday and the next (more and that later this week) so come take my place for me OK?