Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well - This IS fun!!

Cool. You create a blog. You post a silly few paragraphs. You publish it and then......

.........a few of people read it and and say hi. A few odd balls sneak in too but you figure out a way around that quickly. Some readers even ask you questions. For instance Vicki (sure hope that "link" thing worked) thought I should share something that only my hairdresser knows. Since my hairdresser is Becky, who also works at Coldwater, it's pretty safe to say that she knows all the prices of the yarn there. However, my previous hairdresser has also cut my husband's hair for about 20 years. I think she know the names of all his former girlfriends. There were two before me.

Chris let me know that she does not work for the same company that my husband does. I was afraid she and I would have a "conflict of interest" and we'd have to break up so soon after meeting.

And then there's Amy. She's my blog inspiration. Her's was the first one I stalked. I knew her LONG before I met her. I start every blog stalking session at hers. She is my portal into all the others. Amy reminded me that I had been tagged. That I had in fact been tagged before my blog existed. That tagging (tag event?) prompted all this. So with all due respect to the tagger, here you go:

Four jobs you've had in your life:
1. Yarn store person
2. Mom
3. Application Sales Manager - Long Distance Company
4. Telecommunications Manager - Direct Marketing Company

Four movies you could watch over and over again:
1. Pulp Fiction
2. The Godfather I and II
3. Three Days of the Condor
4. The Usual Suspects

Four places you have lived:
1. Berwyn, PA
2. Wayzata, MN
3. St. Paul, MN (my dad still refers to this as the time I lived "out east")
4. Chan ("hassen" optional), MN

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. 24
2. Rescue Me
3. House
4. The Office

Four places you've been on vacation:
1. Sanibel Island
2. Disney Cruise
3. La Jolla, Ca
4. Nevis, West Indies

Four websites you visit daily:
1. Weatherbug
2. Fox News Channel
3. St. Therese School
4. KnitThink and beyond.....

Four of your favorite foods:
1. Mexican
2. Sausage McMuffin with egg - especially homemade
3. Risotto
4. A filet from Morton's

Four places you'd rather be right now:
1. Sanibel Island
2. My sister's home in La Jolla
3. Upstairs snuggled up with my very sick little girl (but I really don't want to get sick too)
4. My friend Mary's cabin with books, yarn, husband, dog, daughter, raging snowstorm, lots of firewood etc.

Four bloggers you'll be tagging:
1. Cut me some slack here.

I do feel like I should have some knitting related content here. Here goes:

I am participating in the Knitting Olympics. I am attempting toe-up socks. My trainer is Beth, although I don't think she knows that yet. She's my trainer in that she provided the base pattern and inspiration. If the 60" needles come in in time (doubtful since I forgot to order them until yesterday) I'll try to do two-at-a-time. I may try to jam both on a 32" needle but it seemed kind of snug.

Jon will be the lucky recipient of a beautiful cabled sweater from Black Purl designs (too lazy too see if they have their designs on-line) sweater made in a Manos semi-solid color way. Those of you familiar with his recent illness will understand why the lovely shade of brown has been put aside until it no longer clashes with his still slightly jaundiced skin coloration. Maybe after the Olympics.

A sick child and a dog scratching at the door beckon. My night is just beginning. Later.